Monday, April 27, 2009

Tom and Tina

The sweetest lady at my work brought in a bunch of her baby tomato plants last week. Knowing Michael would be so proud of me, I took two home. We were thrilled to begin a summer long adventure of *hopefully* growing tomatoes. We immediately purchased the pot, miracle-grow potting soil, and stakes. The weather has been perfect for tomato growing so we have our fingers crossed. I called up my grandpa and asked for his tips on gardening - so far, we're doing well. 

The tomatoes are suppose to be "Mortgage Lifters." They are a 2-4 lbs tomato, great for sandwich making! I endearingly named them Tom and Tina (it's suppose to resemble la Tomatina for those of you non-Spaniards.) Tom is on the left and Tina is on the right. I'll be sure to let you know if they produce! 



4 comments:

Gillian said...

I love that you named them!!! I am hoping to get a vegetable garden going this summer, or any garden for that bit. Except I don't know anything about gardening perhaps this post I found on Money Saving Mom will help me? :

Home Depot locations around the country are hosting free Do-It-Herself Gardening Workshops on May 14, 2009 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. Registration is required.

Good luck with your gardening!

Mark Campbell said...

I just might order me a topsy turvey tomato planter. That's all I'm saying.

Mark Campbell said...

that was me, siesta, not Mark

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I love home grown tomatoes. i hope that you can keep them growing and I'll come eat some with you! :)