Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I thought they were cucumbers

I hate it when I buy zucchini instead of cucumbers. I did it again. Those darn squashes got me. I browsed the fresh produce, looked at the prices and saw that cukes were 4 for $3, picked some firm, dark green ones, and went on my way. I really do know what a cucumber looks like, I swear. My goal was to snack on fresh cucumber slices and ranch dressing, but now I am stuck with 2 zucchinis. Yuck. Does anyone have any good suggestions for using these identity theft vegetables? 

I can just hear those little green things chanting, "April fool's you dummy."

7 comments:

JonButters said...

Hahaha... I miss you. I would so do that. One time I put parsley in fajitas instead of cilantro. I even smelled it and thought, "that doesn't smell very strong..."

If you saute them in butter (till the butter browns) with carrots and/or those little yellow squashes and maybe onions, it's a tasty side dish.

Also, when we were in Nerja, there was a little Tapas place where they made little zucchini sandwiches with shredded carrots, ham & goat cheese in the two slices of zucchini and mozzerella melted on top. They were yummy!

christa said...

Zucchini bread is delicious! Zucchini is also a common filler (glue...like cheese would be) for turkey meatloaf, Cooking Light-esk.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. that post was hilarious. april freakin fools.

zucchini. grill it.

or, saute it with onions, garlic. you can also add those yummy flavored sausages. delicioius.

Jaime said...

How come your post about cucumbers has generated more comments than my scripture memory post?

Sarah said...

haha, megan I love you. I love me some sauteed zucchini, so that's what I'd do with them.

N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...

My wife is sleeping (and so is Bryan! He is over for the night) so I'm trying to laugh quietly and it's hard. The funniest part is when you said, "They got me AGAIN". You're hilarious, Megan.