Thursday, April 23, 2009

My name is...

Last time we went to Continental Divide with some friends, I quickly ran in to get us on the waiting list. This restaurant is always so busy and popular - because it's deliciously good - I knew we'd be waiting a while on this Friday evening. Their system is real casual, you walk in and a waitress will come over with a pad of paper and write your name down and number in your party. I walked up to the front and the server walks over and says, "How many?" I tell her 5 and ask how long the wait is. She tells me and moves on to the next hungry customer. I realize I didn't tell her my name and not wanting to get slighted, I interrupt, "Oh sorry, I didn't tell you my name!" The brunette waitress sheepishly looks at me and hesitates by saying, "Oh,uh...haha..yeah. I just wrote Blonde." 


Ok. Blonde. I wasn't offended. I was just mulling over what being labeled as that meant. Still not sure.

3 comments:

The Vandevers said...

It means that you have blonde hair.... and mabye there was no one else there with blonde hair... Do you think it's something bad?

mallory said...

That is a compliment! She remembered you by your fabulous pantene hair!

Jaime said...

Do I need to tell you of your model ways yet again?!!