Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Demetri Monterey Carlos


Meet our college fish. Demetri Monterey Carlos were two goldfish that Ashleigh and I bought together to celebrate our first time as college roommates. They were nasty little goldfish that never died. (Until one day when Amanda came to visit and purposely dumped one fourth cup of fish food in their little tank.) During their life however, we took very good care of them. DMC had this strange way of swimming though....they would just swim to the bottom of the rocks and simply float up. They did that all day long. Ashleigh and I together were great at generating cool fish names and couldn't decide on two so we determined that they were collectively to be named "Demetri Monterey Carlos." They were our children.

 Family Portrait:
At one point, we thought they were gone for good. They exhibited even stranger behavior than normal and so  Ashleigh began to get very upset. She didn't like me laughing at the situation and documenting it.

I decided to play some situation-appropriate music to help her mourn the loss of our fishies, but that didn't help her either. Here's a clip from that night. I love it!            

5 comments:

Bek said...

HAHAHAHA! I remember this. And it makes my heart glad :)

Jaime said...

You girls are FREAKS! What is that music? Hysterics.

mallory said...

Why on earth did you have that music on hand?

Megan said...

Bollywood's "Bride and Prejudice" soundtrack. I liked the indian dances in the movie and the soundtrack proved to be very handy!

Sarah said...

I just watched that movie last night! it was the second time, but still funny. I love "no life without wife." this use of the music is awesome.