Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter day! Church was wonderful and the day was beautiful. We only missed being with our families. I had to stay in town to help out with the 5 o'clock service so there was no way we could have squeezed in a moment to drive home. Until Saturday morning, we had no plans. I bumped into my friend at the farmer's market and we made last minute plans to celebrate Easter together. It turned out to be wonderful! 

I didn't realize the materials that I had around the house to pull together a cute table setting! The Uhls, Greg, and Bryan came over and we all shared in a wonderful meal. Amanda made a fabulously delicious pork tenderloin with fig chutney and I whipped up some sides: (because I know you care mom...)
Hashbrown casserole
Sweet potato souffle
Asparagus
Fruit salad
Apple crisp

The only thing that would have made the day better would have been remembering to take a picture of us! I am so bummed. I can't recreate that moment either. Happy Easter!!!

This is her pork. Picture doesn't do it justice, so tasty! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum...the food looks really good. You're house looks great too!! You're such a good little decorator. :)

christa said...

Its looks like you all had a lovely time! Sometimes impromptu gatherings are even more fun that those planned weeks in advance!