Sunday, March 29, 2009

My old dorm

I was browsing through my old photos today and I came across my first year dorm room. The crazy pink and magenta rug popped out at me and I just wanted to acknowledge my beloved roommate, Rebekah, and thank her for allowing us to have that rug in our tiny space! Thank you, my dear, you are a true friend. If I could do things over again, I probably would have done a black and white theme with bright pops of color. But, I can always decorate that way in the future whereas never again should I use hot pink. Every once in a while I get a small desire to be back in that little dorm room; then I think of flip flops in the community shower and every bit of that desire disappears. It does make me miss you Bek. You used to be right there, at arms length, always sleeping next to me. Now we have husbands, queen size beds, and private homes. I'd say we're doing pretty well.

4 comments:

mallory said...

What a blast from the past! So cute.

christa said...

don't forget the shower bow in your list of 'haves'. :-) Ha ha! I think the bow needs to go. (Beau tries to throw what my mother has deemed 'my keepsakes' out whenever she brings a box to our home. Sigh. So I have the opposite issue. :-))

Jaime said...

I love me an old dorm room memory. So funny.

I can think, however, of an occasion for which it would be perfectly appropriate to still decorate with hot pink. Can you guess?! Perhaps someday!

Bek said...

I love it! I was at Barnes & Noble today looking through sewing books (pathetic), but one was crafty things for dormrooms and they were neat, but our dorm room was so beautiful without their silly crafts.

*high five*

You were the best room mate EVER.

(Plus the whole private homes, queensized beds thing comes with messy, albeit very handsome, occupants. You were always so tidy.)

(plus the word verification word is "prebuma".... ew.)