Thursday, April 14, 2011

I have a problem

I don't like buttons. I don't like to look at them and I definitely don't like to touch them. I'm not afraid of them - some people get confused and think that I am fearful of them, but that's not the case. I simply do not like them. I've never bought clothes with buttons on them. The only exceptions are winter coats and required dress shirts -such as for the National Fine Arts competition and waitressing. I never button my pea coats. I have a way of hanging Michael's dress shirts up so that I don't touch the buttons. I don't think purses with large decorative buttons on them are cute. I will never ever wear a necklace made of buttons and I'm appalled that they even exist.

I recognize that this may become quite a handicap when I have a baby. How on earth do I say, "no buttons on clothing please" ??? I just can't be that picky. Snaps are perfectly fine, any other way of fastening clothing is perfectly fine with me, just do not make me touch a button and squeeze it through a button hole. When I search a little deeper into this, I think may be fine with buttons on the back of an outfit - especially if they don't have 4 small holes in them. Like those little pearl or bead buttons, those I can handle. I can see this becoming an issue in my near future. But who knows? Maybe having a cute little baby will cure my dislike of buttons. However, you will not find my child wearing a bib or shirt that says "cute as a button." I don't think it's cute.

6 comments:

mallory said...

That is so funny!! I had NO idea how you feel about buttons. This is good to know when I shop for Baby D. I'm about to reveal some of my weirdness on my blog today too, glad I'm not alone.

Bek said...

So I'm going to make you a bib that says, "Cute as a zipper"

Abby said...

I learned something new about you :)

Michelle said...

Hahaha this is so funny! I love learning weird things I didn't know about friends :)

Jen Stokes said...

What about jeans? Do your jeans have buttons? (Well, not right now because you're wearing maternity jeans, but normally.) And I agree with you about a necklace made of buttons. It's just absurd. I feel the same way about rubber bands. I don't like them and I think they are unnecessary.

Megan said...

Jeans are totally fine! I've never thought of them as having buttons. Weird huh?