Friday, April 8, 2011

Do-Not-Do list

Yesterday morning at the ladies coffee we had a fabulous speaker who talked to us about balancing stress and life. At one point during her presentation she started talking about things on her "Do-Not-Do" list. This list is for things that we women feel like we need to do, should be doing and most likely feel guilty about not getting done. The idea is to forget about them completely! Don't add the stress of these tasks on your life. Simply resign to knowing that you will not get them done. I got so excited because this is exactly what I have mentally but could never put a name on it. Now I know and truly do not feel bad about it! I have a do-not-do list and I love it! Here are some items on mine:

My Do-Not-Do List
- Iron clothes
- Put photos in photo albums
- Preserve wedding dress
- Try and clean the house more often
- Make a grocery schedule
- Plan out meals more than 5 days in advance

I'm sure this list will expand after we have a baby and I'm determined not to care. I encourage you to think about what is on your do-not-do list. It can be freeing and a great way to reduce stress. I'd rather lay in bed at night thinking about all that I accomplished during the day rather than stress over all the things I didn't and what's left to do for the next day.

4 comments:

Gillian said...

I don't worry about using grocery store coupons and I don't feel bad about it. I was just about to blog about ironing. Great minds think alike.

mallory said...

Love this idea! You have to let go of certain things in certain seasons. Very good advice!

Heather and Matt said...

I want to add finish wedding thank you notes to my list!! ahh i hate them.

Boni said...

I am sure you thought I was ridiculous last week when I sent you Saturday and Sunday's Easter weekend menus. Could we be more different?