Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! He is Risen! I hope you all had a beautiful day yesterday. Our family did. Church was wonderful, dinner at my parents house was delicious, the egg hunt was hilarious and then ending the day at the Moore's was a treat.

For the Easter meal, my role was dessert. I have been wanting to make this Lemon-Rosemary Layer Cake for nearly a year and a half and finally decided to do it for Easter. It was a total winner.

Heather helped me bake it over the weekend and thank God she was there! I couldn't read the recipe, remember ingredients, keep from cutting myself to save my life.
Three layers! Not just two. I kept the cake a tinsy bit undercooked in the very center because I knew I was refrigerating it and I wanted to keep it moist.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Final product - never said I could decorate cakes pretty.

It was an awesome and different cake. You needed a really small slice because it was so flavorful and rich. But light from the lemon. I have nearly half a cake left in my fridge so please come over and help me eat it!!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

This looks amazing! Please share the recipe :)

amanda june said...

the cake looks amazing!