Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby GIRL!!!

It's a girl! We welcome the world of pink, princesses and all things beautiful. I'm at a loss for words right now because it's such a new reality learning that we will have a daughter. One of the sweetest comments yesterday was, "she's gonna be the love of your lives." I believe it.

I think Michael will be the greatest dad to a little girl. Seeing how much he loves my little sister and other little ones in his old Sunday school class at Portico, makes me so excited for him to have his own little girl. I think she will simply be in love with him. Michael made a comment talking on the phone to a friend yesterday, "I guess I will have to brace myself for an overload of pink and girly things." Then he thought for a moment and followed it up with, "Actually, I'm pretty used to that with Megan so never mind, I think I'll be just fine." It just makes sense. :) Marriage has prepared him for a little girl.

Praises because she is growing on track and looks very healthy according to the ultrasound! All the necessary organs and formations the doctors look for were present. She's a petite little thing right now - which I love! She is in the 30th percentile for babies her age weighing in at 10oz. She was a very modest little baby, kept her legs crossed the whole time. When she wasn't playing with her toes, her hands were up by her face or scratching her head.

The technician commented at how full my bladder was and even let me get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the ultrasound because it was cramping the baby out so much. She asked what my profession was and if it required me to hold my pee in for a long time because most women can't hold the amount I was holding. About five minutes after she let me go to the bathroom, the bladder filled up again on the screen - poor baby. Now after seeing what it does to baby, I will be more thoughtful of not holding it so long.

More excitement of baby girl to come!

No comments: