Monday, February 8, 2010

What do you do when your power goes out?

Pack your bags, drive to Carter's View, go sledding with neighbors, eat dinner with Wes and Nathaniel, play Wii, play poker for the first ever, play dice and watch John Boggs go crazy, make donuts at 1am in the morning, have good girl time with Jenn Boggs, wake up baby Jordan hold him for a little bit then put him pack to bed, listen to your men play instruments at 2am right outside the kids' bedrooms, sleep at the Bakers house (missed you Brett!), wake up and drink coffee, drive home again and find your power is still out, pile on the blankets and sleep away the cold, then watch the super bowl.

It was a weird but totally fun weekend. And the best part, aside from hanging out with amazing people, was that I learned how to make homemade donuts! Can't beat that!


You may have been able to tell that our power went out once Michael stopped doing "storm" updates. I didn't think the storm was that bad, but he loved filming it and watching his chances of having school cancelled on Monday build.

5 comments:

brett baker said...

omg. the donuts. how did i miss them?

Lisa said...

I can't believe you know how to make donuts now. Next time I see you, you must teach me. I wanted to make them the other day but was too lazy to look up a recipe and all the other stuff that goes along with cooking!

Lisa said...

p.s. I'm going to start blogging again so I hope you read them! :)

Bek said...

teach me how to make them. I'll pay you.

christa said...

all of this while I was sleeping! We did have dinner with our mexican neighbors and needed some dos daubertos to help with the language barrier. We need to get a dinner on the schedule!