Monday, February 22, 2010

San Diego

Ok ok ok, I know you've all been waiting for San Diego updates. The Sisterhood had a blast in California. The weather was beautiful. Although not quite as warm as SoCal typically is, there was not a flake of snow to be found. Our weekend flew by and I got a tiny taste of California living. I was surprised at how "hilly" San Diego terrain is. The palm trees stick up above the buildings everywhere and cars are flying by at dangerous lightening speeds. We visited the coastline of Pacific Ocean for the first time ever. I couldn't see Japan. I never realized how close to the Mexican border San Diego is!? I loved seeing the U.S. Border Patrol vehicles and everything around us was in Spanish. (I totally could've survived on my own.) We shopped, ate Mexican food, bought some half-priced Rainbows at the factory outlet, went downtown, ate at Yogurtland twice, didn't feel the small earthquake that apparently happened, spent an afternoon in La Jolla, and simply caught up on life.

Our plane rides were surprisingly smooth. Our layover in LAX was uneventful but we did see the "Hollywood" sign as we flew in and out. I think there was a group of Asians who thought I was a famous person, they wouldn't stop staring. Too bad I'm not famous. I'd like to be; I'm just blonde.

As beautiful as California is, I still am head-over-heels in love with Virginia. I think it's one of the classiest, prettiest, modern yet colonial, most perfect states to live in. Virginia is home and California is a delightful vacation. But, yes Aunt Beth, the West Coast is awesome!









3 comments:

amanda june said...

virginia welcomes you HOME but glad you had fun. i missed you at multiple meals with the boys!

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous you were wearing short sleeves and sandals! I'm so ready for flip flops!!!!

JonButters said...

YAAAAY! I'm signed in as Jon, but it's Bek.