Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's 6 o'clock

I've only ever stomped on someone's head one time.

Luckily it was my younger sister who was blessed with the power to forgive, though, she surely hasn't forgotten. We were young, 11 and 9. We were playing Barbies and I remember just hating it. I was on my way out of the magical world of fantasy play and into the middle school world of journal keeping and the art of note folding and playing Mash. Heather, so obviously not innocent, did something to antagonize me. She took the hot pink Barbie brush out of my hands. I got angry, yelled, pushed her down and stomped on her head...with my shoe on. I remember feeling terrible immediately after contact, but I could be retrospectively inserting remorse. Before you start thinking awful thoughts about me, please know that I have never done anything else like this in my entire life nor ever will. We laugh about it now and sometimes Heather uses it against me to get what she wants, "Hey. Remember the time you stomped on my head?" Ugh, works every time.

All that to say, I love Swiffer Dusters! They make dusting so much easier and the commercials are hysterical!

2 comments:

Heather and Matt said...

hahahahaha i just laughed so hard from that! You have a good memory of the details. I forgot about the pink brush being the cause...maybe because of the brain damage done. Shame, I wonder how much brighter I could have been. I guess it's your fault.

BUT I forgive you!

I have a swiffer duster too and i love it! I love the mop "baby come back!" commercials.

Boni said...

OH Thankyou for not writing about how angry your mother must have been immediately afterwards. No one has stomped on my head but I think there's been brain damage along the way.