Monday, August 29, 2011

39 weeks

And the waiting has begun. I keep doing things around my house thinking, "please be the last time I do this before the baby comes." They are tasks like cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, changing my sheets, cleaning the dishes. Clearly small tasks that just seem so boring right now. Then I wait a little bit and a few days pass and it's time to do it all over again! Such a tease.

Some of the bigger things that I was hoping to get done before she arrives have been completed, such as getting our recliner:
Getting her recliner:And then there are those projects that I've been wanting to do for months but just never did them. Like re-do some ugly lamps that we had sitting around. There was a green and a red lamp that a neighbor had given to us when we got married. Pretty ugly. So finally, we bought new shades for them and a can spray paint and look at how much better they are now:

Also, flowers outside. I really wanted Carmen to come home to a house with flowers on the front porch. I've been anxiously awaiting yellow mums and here they are!!!

Lowes pulled through and had them in stock already. We picked some out that are about ready to burst with bright yellow so hopefully they'll be pretty for the little girl's homecoming. Kind of like how I'm straightening my hair more often in hopes of going into labor with straight hair not curly/wavy hair. Just a little thing I am holding onto. I don't want Carmen to see her mom as a drowned rat for the first time. Save your comments. I fully anticipate being drenched in sweat but let me have straight hair. There's enough of it that the outer layers will still look dry. I'm just confessing my labor fantasies here friends.

Keeping a super clean house is exhausting. But eating ice cream is not. I think I'll go do that right now...

2 comments:

Heather and Matt said...

love this post :). Little Carmen will be pleased to know one day that her mommy tended to many details in her arrival home.

mallory said...

You are the cutest! love the mums...everything will be perfect for baby Carmen. praying for you guys in the final days :)