Friday, August 26, 2011

38 Weeks

We took this picture last night so I'm really ending my 38th week here soon. I'm practicing for the hospital pictures and not wearing any make-up in the photo. Not sure I like it but I know that I'm about to be humbled in more ways than I can imagine. Also, I still don't think I look this big in real life. I'm serious. Funny camera angle perhaps?

The doctor I visited today felt me up and told me that this bump is ALL baby. I said something about hoping she's not 10 pounds and the doctor said she didn't think so. That's about the only good thing I got out of today's check-up. I could not be more thankful for my OB and her practice. I did not like where I was today. My perfect doctor is out of town but wanted a doctor to still see me this week so they made an appointment for me elsewhere. I just didn't like this lady. If you want to know her name in order to never be her patient ask me and I'll be happy to warn you. And I'll save you all the complaints because, overall , this is a happy post!

No new news. Carmen likes her temporary home. Wouldn't you though too with earthquakes and hurricanes all around? I'm remaining as patient as possible enjoying sleeping in, blow drying and curling my hair, hopping in and out of the car quickly, etc. Carmen is really curling up in a little ball and sitting very low. Her movements are still strong but are less often. She's got a wonderful, healthy heartbeat. And that's all that we know about her....which is why we're all so excited to meet her! We want details! But again, I will be patient. We love you Carmen! Your home here is ready for you!

2 comments:

Boni said...

You are correct, you are not really that "big" in person. I saw you the same night as photo and you didn't protrude quite like that. Bad word, but I can't think of another. I hope Carmen waits for Tuesday.

Michelle said...

Don't worry, when I see myself in pictures I think I look a lot bigger too. I don't know if it's denial or the truth in my case, but either way you're looking great!! Your due date is so close!!!!!!! :)