Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New picture!

I realize Michael and I might be some of the only people who think this is cute but here's the baby at the 13 week appointment this morning:

The thing that the baby appears to be lounging on is the placenta. I'll spare you the umbilical chord and spinal chord pictures. And my wonderful doctor (who gave me two big hugs today) took the time to address my concerns about the hospital delivery room and told me her philosophy on birthing. I love her. I'm pretty much convinced now that I won't need a doula. And do you all believe that heart rate old wives tale? Those of you who've had babies already, what were your babies heart rates before you found out the sex?

6 comments:

Bek said...

Nate's heart rate was all over the place, but mostly hovered around 150's.

Unknown said...

Emma's was consistently in the 140's-150's. If it's higher, they generally say GIRL!

mallory said...

I'm so glad you love your ob, that's such a good feeling. I can't remember what Parks heart rate was, I think in the 140s. Reese's has been in the 150s I think. It's hard to remember!

Megan said...

Oh man this is exciting! Thanks friends. :) Baby's heartbeat was 158 yesterday so it could be either?! Bek I remember at times, Nate's was that high so I'm hesitant to say it's girl. :) BUT we shall see soon!

Sonya Verblaauw said...

My baby's heart rate is usually high 150s to low 160s and it's a girl! I had a gut feeling at my 13 week ultrasound that it was a girl because of her heart rate. Although it is a old wives tale, it can be true for a good majority. Congrats by the way!

Jessica Clark said...

Emily's heart rate was consistently in the upper 150's to upper 160's. The only time it was lower was towards the end of my pregnancy when the heart rate naturally slows. Needless to say, I believe the old wives tale :).