Monday, March 28, 2011

Big Weekend

Michael and I both have our feet up on the couch this evening. We've had a great weekend full of activity and change.
Friday - We closed on our home, had a celebration dinner, drove to Lowe's and began painting the new walls.
Saturday - We woke up and begin painting for 10 hours straight. By "we" I mean Michael and my father. I watched and coached and helped here and there. We drove back to the Alex one for last night of sleep.
Sunday - Woke up and went to church, picked up the uhaul and lunch on the way home, moved out of one house and into another, had loads of fun people all around us, stayed up late and crashed as soon as the last person walked out the door.

We are home and happy. In other fun, and in some ways more exciting, news: I felt the baby move on Sunday morning! It was the middle of church and I was leaning forward intently listening to Mark preaching when I felt two firm bubble-like sensations in an odd area. It sent me flying back in my seat. I had to think a moment about what that was and realized that it must have been the baby! There were no other weird stomach movements going on that morning and I was so focused on the sermon that usual stomach rumblings wouldn't have made me blink. After that, I focused harder on my body and was pretty sure that I felt some other little flutters (more like rolling). I was really excited. It's becoming more of a reality.

I'll share some fun moving pictures as soon as I upload the camera!

No comments: