Wednesday, February 2, 2011

There's a baby coming!

We told our families this past Sunday evening. It was way more fun than I expected! I wanted to do a little something more than just blurt out the news so I purchased baby frames and filled them with a note. (Don't ask me why one has a baby on it and one doesn't......I couldn't tell ya.) The frames worked out so well because it took a few seconds for people to read them and make the connection of what we were telling them. We told each family separately and had a night filled with joy after joy!

Since we had to tell Heather and Matt from long-distance, I left her with a fake valentine's day present over the weekend and told her not to open it. Shortly after we left my parents house on Sunday I called her up and had her and Matt open the box to find this little note inside. Just wanted something fun and tangible to make it a bit more special for everyone!


4 comments:

Abby said...

What a great way to share the news :) Very creative.

Gillian said...

Everything about this post is simply perfection especially the little bundle of joy on the way!

amanda june said...

you are cute. miss you.

Lindsey Burke said...

So HAPPY for you both!! You will be such wonderful parents!!