Sunday, January 31, 2010

Only my mom will probably want to read this

We had a pretty fun, relaxing weekend. Friday night was spent eating Boars Head Deli Meat Italian subs from The New Deli (Charlottesvillians, you need to eat there. Homemade potato chips.), babysitting some of our favorite children, then hanging out and playing games with their parents after the kids went to bed.


Because we are young and child-free, we decided to drive back to Manassas at midnight to get ahead of the snowfall. Michael had a cup of coffee and I held the tiny heater in my lap to try and stay warm in the heatless Jeep. We made it, then fell fast asleep in my sister's bedroom. Saturday we woke up to fast falling snow and made our way to Alexandria in what quickly became 5 inches. We saw at least 3 accidents on 66. This one couple completely wrecked their car under the Vienna Metro bridge, but they were driving a Volvo so they were safe and unharmed. Wish I could have that car. We made it to Alexandria and had a great time. Got to eat Baja Fresh for lunch - make my burrito "enchilada style" please.

By the time we made it back to the Manaside, the snow had pretty much cancelled all activities and church services. We had to postpone our lovely dinner plans with the Uhls and we were so disappointed to miss another Sunday of Portico. However, it forced us to stay another night at home where we had a fun relaxing evening with my family.

We've made it back to Cville and I am all caught up on all my blogger friend's new posts (well done everyone) and am anxiously awaiting a delicious and fabulous dinner with the Sauers and the soon-to-be Wootens! The incredibly long-lasting month of January is nearly over and my countdown to San Diego begins. Count your blessings because it really puts things into perspective.

2 comments:

brett baker said...

I read it. =) How charming! I love the spontaneity!

Boni said...

Yes, your mom loved reading it.
I am also envious (in a good Christian way of course) of all your dinner invitations.