Friday, January 29, 2010

Attention All Women

Can I do this? Can I wear white socks with little flats? I've done this with a couple pairs of shoes for a while and not thought anything about it. Until lately. Just a few moments ago in the deli pictured above, my reflection of white socks made me self-conscious. Do I really look like a total dork? I care about fashion, but I cannot for the life of me wear good shoes (boots is a whole different story!). Please weigh in on this and tell me whether or not to keep wearing white socks with shoes like these. Seriously do, I need female or fashionista male help.

5 comments:

brett baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brett baker said...

Ahem....my last post was unintelligible; I'm going to say "no" if they are white athletic socks, and YES to off-white thin (almost tights?) socks. Love, your friend with the most horrific foot malgrowth ever.

mallory said...

I say no to white socks with shoes like that, and trust me it is a dilemma I face as well. I either do thin dress socks that are the color of the flat or I don't wear socks at all. I thought you liked boots?

Jennifer said...

Maybe get some "tights-like" socks - like thin, gray ones or something that doesn't stand out as much.

OR. Just wear the whiteys and own it. It's all about owning it.

Megan said...

Marta - I love boots. Sorry to be confusing. I'd buy a new pair everyday if money wasn't an obstacle.