Friday, January 22, 2010

I don't like living in the mountains where you always park on a hill

I had a minor meltdown yesterday. The freezing rain began to pour right about the time I had to walk out to my car. I had just blown my hair dry so I had to use an umbrella. In my arms was a large platter of cheesecake and brownies (I had already ditched the second plate of food in my entryway since it was raining) and in the other my purse and car keys. The umbrella, held in place by my chin and shoulder, obviously was tipping over.

My key fob broke off and now lives somewhere in the depths of my purse so I have to *sigh* manually unlock my car. While performing the balancing act, I stuck the key into the door, turned it, AND pulled out the entire lock system. At this point, I start yelling "I HATE THIS CAR!!! I HATE IT!" I turn to see Michael standing in the doorway smiling lovingly despite my childlikeness - and that made me scream even louder. Mature, I know. I shoved the lock system back into the door and hoped for the best. I got the door open only to have it slam back shut, tip my dessert platter and make me keep screaming, "I HATE THIS CAR!"

I don't doubt that my neighbors could have heard me. I know Michael heard me. I am embarrassed. I know that I shouldn't have an outburst of anger like that. I do love my car, but I still want a new one. So - sorry neighbors for acting that way, sorry, Michael, that you had to witness that, and sorry God that I cannot get it right. Over and over. But today is a new day and I have been Redeemed!

1 comment:

Elder Millennial said...

I completely understand! Lynchburg is all hills. It is so frustrating when car doors close on your legs.