Monday, August 24, 2009

Most Delightful Weekend

Our weekend was wonderful. It started off with me not having to go nanny the little boy Friday morning which led to sleeping in, a good workout, and bread baking. Zucchini was still super cheap at the g-store - so of course - bake zucchini bread! I had never made it before, but y'all, it was so stinkin' tasty when it came right out of the oven. You should ask for the recipe.

Oh and those cookies right next to the fresh baked bread are just some fabulous peanut butter cookies that I whipped up from scratch the other night. No big deal.

Friday afternoon, Michael and I headed to Virginia Beach to spend some time with our beloved friends, the Andrews. I failed at photo documenting all the wonderful things we did together, but check out her blog for some more cute pics. We could not have had a better time! Everything we did was a blast and it was so good to catch up. Parks, their 9-month old boy, is adorable. Michael and I just can't help but love him! We left their home on Sunday thinking, "That was such a great time! Can we do it all over again?" Andrews, we miss you guys like crazy. Michael also thinks he could get used to living on the coast - surfing looks very attractive to him. Here's the only picture I took - look how cute they both are :)




3 comments:

Bek said...

WE have the same cooling rack. Pampered Chef? Yes. We are so rich.

Also, I did check out the Andrews blog and Michael is so cute playing with Parks... I can't wait until you and I are less selfish with our husband time and we both get knocked up. And you have a little girl and name her Savannah because Heather didn't have a little girl first.

Take that name.

Heather and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mallory said...

it was the best weekend ever....and my jenga comment was a compliment not a slight to your company!!!