Thursday, August 13, 2009

Milk

It used to be all skim milk for me baby. Now that it's summer, I've more often than not been getting iced lattes. An iced latte with skim milk is just not good enough. I realized this when I would go home or at the coffee bar at church or, worse, at the coffee shop itself - add half and half to my skinny latte. Pointless to get skim I realize.

The difference between 2%/whole milk and skim is really not nutritionally significant. So I've switched this summer. Sometimes I order "a tall iced latte with fat fatty milk please." No one has looked at me funny. Usually they give me a smile and say, "that's the way to do it." Maybe in the winter I will go back to skim milk in my hot lattes since the warm milk seems a bit creamier any way. Possibly not. If you've concerned yourself with my milk drinking habits by reading this info, than I consider you a good friend. Thanks for caring!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

When Danny and Analisa visited us they bought WHOLE MILK for Piper. They left it at our house. Don't ever drink it Megan...the creaminess is too much to bear!!!!! I can only imagine what whole milk would taste like in coffee...*closing my eyes and dreaming of the taste*

Jaime said...

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to comment on a post about milk. Sigh.

Sarah said...

I care, Megan. I care.

Unknown said...

Steve will only drink skim milk so that is what we have in our house BUT when I'm out getting coffee I don't like skim milk in my latte, its just missing something. I understand :)

mallory said...

I love picturing your ordering your drink with "fat fatty milk". Hysterical!

Bek said...

Your personality is my very favorite kind.

I would order fatty fat milk with you, Meg. I would.

Megan said...

Jaime - hilarious, I didn't think of that. I bet John would have a few words to say.
Mallory - Parks would too. :)

Jennifer said...

Megan. Wow, I feel like you wrote that post just for me. The whole time I was reading it, I was thinking "Wow, I'm so proud of her." and "I'm so glad she's realized this vital truth to life." and "Thank God she finally sees life through my fat-fatty latte-licious eyes." and "YAAAY!! I LOVE WHOLE MILK LATTES" and "yep, baristas really do appreciate people who go for full fat... because it DOES taste better!" and "I'm so glad she's been freed from the 'skinny' latte crap." AMEN!!! And, also, I'm proud to be "one of those friends" who read (and completely identified and enjoyed) this post.

I love you!!!