Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birthday Joy

I have had a wonderful birthday week. Not just day, birthday week. I have been so blessed and felt so loved by everyone. I wasn't expecting so much joy, simply because I was not with my whole family - but our Charlottesville family totally stepped up. :) My youngest sister and I nearly share birthdays. She was born the 17th of March and I am the 18th. It has been so much fun to share that with her especially since children LOVE to celebrate birthdays. We went home last weekend for her party and to have some family time. 

Mom made my favorite Red Waldorf Cake:

Brianna's birthday party with 10 little girls was at Fitness Just For Kids:



On Tuesday before Community Group (how we miss you Jax and Mal) Michael brought home 23 balloons and beautiful bouquet of flowers. All our lovely friends arrived at our door singing Happy Birthday and Amanda made a big platter of chocolate covered fruit with candles for me blow out. 

So on Wednesday I started the day off at the elementary school where three different teachers had presents for me. The Kindergarten room where I spend most of my time had a big white board with a "Happy Birthday Mrs. Daubert" pictures drawn on it. All 22 of the children made me birthday cards which they made into a cute little booklet. One of the teachers made a big bar of peanut butter brownies for our little celebration. They made me a crown to wear also.  It was so cute to have all these little bodies hugging you and saying "happy birfday Ms. Daubert!" Jenny came and brought me a delicious  lunch from Hot Cakes and an iced coconut latte from Shannondoah Joes! My birthday was on the afternoon announcements too. :) 

I had some time to kill before dinner and some money to spend so I went shopping and found the greatest deals! I was thrilled. Ashleigh took me out to dinner because Michael had a school event. Ash surprised me with LISA who drove down just for a quick night out with us . Just like old times - amazing.

We went to dinner at Continental Divide where Jenny (rocking the Portico shirt) joined us. 

Thanks  for reading, if you did, I just wanted to document the joy of my 23rd! 

2 comments:

mallory said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Sadness. It looks like you were well taken care of. Can't wait to talk to you soon!

christa said...

I love the divide! I could eat Red Hot Blues every day.

Beau claims I always get a 'birthday week' so we purposely celebrated his last birthday for a week... I think this might have something to do with having a birthday 6 days after Christmas and having your Mom forget to call you on your birthday (which happened one year). Oh dear.