Thursday, March 12, 2009

It happens at this young age

Hilarious. I was walking down the main hallway of the elementary school and this sweet, tiny little boy was approaching me from the opposite end. Looked much like this:

He was no more than a few inches taller than my knee caps, kindergarten or 1st grade maybe, so I was smiling at his preciousness. I wanted to make direct eye contact with him to help encourage social interaction.  As he gets closer and closer to passing me, I notice he is staring at me too. I smile bigger. This little rascal makes the cowboy guns with his hands, points them at me, raises his eyebrows, then makes the telephone signal with his hand, puts it up to his ear and cooly nods his head at me.  

Stunned. How could I respond but to bust out laughing at our exchange. Does the woman hunting begin already?

2 comments:

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

I'd take him on a date. If he looks like the photo, he's adorable!

dana

mallory said...

hahaha that is hilarious! i LOVE that you wanted to help "encourage social interaction". you crack me up.