Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nursery Beginnings

This past weekend the baby's nursery made huge progress! My parents bought us Carmen's beautiful dresser and night stand (best part is that they got an awesome deal in the store by swiping the floor model!) and Michael and my dad got to paint the room. I am so blessed to have two really good painters in the family so my walls will never have to suffer from my apparent lack of cutting-in skills.

I love this paint can - her walls are in Petal Pink:
Michael getting started on the rolling after the cutting-in was finished:
My dad was a huge help in painting her bedroom too:
Last night Michael happily put together baby's crib which was a gift from his parents! He did such a good job.
I can't believe how tan he is already. All he's done is mow the grass and played a round of golf on Sunday.
Testing out how his daughter will feel in there. He said safe and cozy.
Even though we're not quite finished with the walls, we wanted to move in the furniture to make things more real. I love it already!


So these are the nursery's bare bones but essentials. It will be so pretty when we finish the look and place the furniture where it should go. My inspiration is a gentle, soft and inviting room. A sweet little girl's room filled with pinks and whites and some brown. She is one blessed baby!

6 comments:

Gillian said...

Simply beautiful! Even the paint can is perfect!

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

"Testing out how his daughter will feel in there. He said safe and cozy." or did he just mess up and lock himself in when he was putting it together?! hahaha. that pic cracks me up.

so excited for you guys!

Michelle said...

The nursery looks so great!! So sweet and relaxing! Carmen will love it :)

Heather and Matt said...

Soooo cute! It will look perfect and sweet :). I love the furniture! I want to hold her!

Boni said...

I can't wait to see it all in person! It'll be a very precious room for a precious little girl.

Bek said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30368801@N02/5710075986/

You should totally paint the ceiling fan rosy pink. I love it. I assume you can pull the fan blades off and spray paint them. I would.