Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Girl Has a Name!

After many, many months of talking over names (let's be honest, we've played the baby name game for years), Michael and I have finally settled on our first-born daughter's name. Our sweet little girl is:

Carmen Isabelle

We love it. We love her. I never thought about having a daughter named "Carmen" but it's settling on us pretty well. We have gone back and forth between two names and been waiting for something or someone to tell us that this is it. That doesn't happen because it's simply up to us - the mom and dad. Although we do reserve the right to change it up until we sign the birth certificate, I think this name will stay. Carmen means "Beautiful Song" and Isabelle can mean "Consecrated to God." We are not huge on name meanings in general but Michael really liked the meaning of this name together. The name is undeniably feminine, not difficult to pronounce, unique but not unheard of and fits well with our last name Daubert. I also love that during our hard and long waiting time for her, this Beautiful Song by Kari Jobe got us through some nights and let us fall asleep resting on the truths that this song sings about. It quietly became our anthem and prayer when we had no other words. So now we are excitedly getting ready and waiting for Carmen to finish growing so we can all welcome her into the world! My sister immediately started calling her "Baby C" when we brought the name up - so here's to Baby C!


7 comments:

Abby said...

Beautiful name!!

Heather and Matt said...

Yayyy baby C!! We love you :) She will be beautiful inside and out.

Cathleen Jones said...

Love this post! and I love the meaning, and the "flow" of this name. xoxo.

Patricia said...

What a lovely name!
I can hardly wait to hold her, little Carmen Isabelle!
Love from Grammy Pattie

mallory said...

I love the name and I love the meanings. Carmen Isabelle is a blessed little girl!

Michelle said...

So exciting that you have a name!!! Adorable :)

Boni said...

I love the name and the meaning too!
Grammy Pattie is cute sounding but I guess for now I'm just Grandma :)