Friday, May 15, 2009

Peacock


Yesterday morning I was running out the door, late for work as usual, and I yell back one last, "Goodbye! I love you!" I take two steps then scream with delight, "Peacock!" I dash back in the house looking for my video camera and camera and anything else that I could use to document it. Michael was still waking up through his cup of coffee and morning reading. Needless to say he was very confused. This beautiful peacock made my morning. He was clearly out of place in our little neighborhood. I know some people get the delight of having a peacock for a neighbor in their cottage during their first year of marriage, but I never got to see that one. I only read about them in children's books. 
I really wanted this beast of a bird to open his tail feathers wide but unfortunately I was not arousing enough for him. My neighbors told me later that day that he was dancing on people's roof tops and making a scene for a bunch of people. Man I'd love to see that. He is still wandering around our streets. It would be nice to keep him.
There is something special about seeing a "zoo" animal on your street. Imagine if you walked out side and saw a rhinoceros or giraffe? You would think it's fantastic too! 


*******Disclaimer to previous post*******

I do not in any way think that my husband is boring! I made that comment before he told me what he was writing about. He only mentioned education. He is super smart, has great ideas, and has a heart for reform. I will support him because I love his passion and intelligence. 

5 comments:

mallory said...

I think Beau escaped from Timberlake and has made his way to your 'hood! I loved your video footage and commentary!

Bek said...

That is fabulous!!!

I am so jealous!

Sarah said...

"Do peacocks eat tomatoes?" hahahahaaa. Megan I love you.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I'm glad Tom and Tina are ok. I love you.

Jaime said...

DELIGHT!!! I'm sooo jealous. I just posted about a boring old fox. I can't believe you have a stray peacock!!! I love it!!