Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quotes from tots

Today I babysat these sweet little boys who are 4 and 3 years old.  I drove them around to different places in town and they talked their little hearts out. It was so cute.  The babysitting agenda looked like this: 

Lunch at Chic-fil-a, followed by play time in the kids area
Barnes and Noble to look at books and buy "Dog Heaven" (compliments of Jenny)
Take the 4 year old to Kung-Fu
Play with the 3 year old until mommy came to pick him up

Sweet phrases from the wee ones:
-To himself, "You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit"
-"Um, I tee-teed in my pants" (which then led to 30 minutes of sitting at Kung-Fu with the tot in his underpants because we didn't have clean clothes)
-"Dogs go to Heaven you know? Our dog died. We didn't kill him.  His bones turned to dust."

I am very thankful to have the opportunity to babysit since Ethan Allen closed.  I even gave my number out to three other moms while I was babysitting.  Am I too old to be doing this? I love children but I thought my babysitting days were long gone. 


2 comments:

Bek said...

"His bones turned to dust." HAHAHAHA... that's the cutest morbid thing I've ever heard!

It was SOOOO good seeing you over Thanksgiving! Love!

Gillian said...

Bahaha! The best quote ever from that little one.

And I do not think you are to old to babysit at all, think of all the people from MAG who nanny. I was laid off recently so I am also thankful for any little odds and end job-recently catering when I thought my waitressing days were long over :)