Monday, December 22, 2008

An early Christmas present

I finally had my last day at the preschool! I am so thankful that it came to a close. The little kids will be missed, they were not the bad part. And being a teacher totally has it's benefits, check out the Christmas time goodies:

     (The tall gold box is full of truffles and, yes, the pink and red box IS a Victoria's Secret gift card)

Before we left on Friday afternoon, I came home to quite a surprise! Michael had made me an early Christmas present! This gorgeous cubby shelf is modeled after one we saw at Pottery Barn a while back.  I loved the PB one but it was nearly $1000 and I totally believed Michael could build one for us whenever we got into a new house. I had no idea he would remember that I loved it and would make it for me now!?! Although we have no room for it yet, it is so, so cute and functional. You can't tell in the picture but Michael even picked out a decorative trim that is different from the PB shelf. I have so many plans to fill it with baskets and flowers and pictures and so on....


3 comments:

Jaime said...

Dos Dauberts does not disappoint. Way to blog-keep, sister.

The shelf is awesome! Way to go Mr.Daubert!

Gillian said...

Two amazing things about this post
1. I have that lamp
2. I LOVE what Michael built. In fact my Michael is also a "builder" and built me a similar but more vertical shelving unit a couple years ago. Don't you love handy husbands?

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

wow! he did it! can he teach pat?