Friday, July 22, 2011

33 Weeks

Here we are, getting closer! Baby C is moving around a lot still and letting most anyone who catches her at the right time feel it too. I'm running into things with my belly left and right. I can't seem to remember that I'm a lot bigger than I used to be. Feeling great still and debating whether or not I want pregnancy portraits. Most of me says no, but then I think what if this is my one and only opportunity? I'd be sad if I missed it. We shall see.

Michael and I went to our first childbirth class on Wednesday. I thought it was a lot of fun. We're taking a small, private short course through my precious doctor's office and it's wonderful! There is only one other couple attending so it's very intimate and we can ask questions at any point without feeling like we're interrupting a class. My OB is amazing and likes to bake homemade treats for her "students" as well as provide other drinks and healthier snacks. How does she have the time?? In between the baby deliveries, doctors visits, her own life and living a state away, she has the time to bake us treats. It's just another little gesture that shows us she really cares for us and makes us feel well taken care of. The instructor has worked exclusively at our hospital for over 30 years and is able to give us the ins and outs of the place and what is normal practice and so on. Another great confirmation! The first class really gave Michael and I a sense of what is happening and how special that time will be for the two of us. It's still scary, but I'm looking forward to it more now. Plus, circumstances allowing, I can get a whole days worth of relaxation massages out of it from Michael! Bring on the hospital bed, I feel tension in my back that needs lovin' already.

4 comments:

Heather and Matt said...

I was just wondering to myself the other day if you were taking those birthing classes. Now I know! Too cute :). By the way, Costco had a bunch of cute Carter's baby clothes for like $7, yesterday when I was there. You should stop by yours and see if you all have them too!

mallory said...

Love that you're enjoying your birth class. Here's my two cents on the portraits:

You will definitely want *some* pics of you as a preggo lady, but I say take those yourself like you have been doing. Spend the money on the newborn photo session. You will want those pics in frames in your house and I feel like the maternity photos aren't always as frametastic.

I didn't even do a newborn photo session with Reese this time and I regret it. We got some awesome pics of Parks when he was a newbie.

Michelle said...

You look beautiful! Can't wait to see you next weekend in Cville! I'm glad you enjoyed the birth class...we just took one and I thought it'd be super awkward but was really glad we did it :)

Heather said...

oh definitely do maternity portraits! I love mine so much!!!