Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not Simple

My readership is going down, is that because you all want new blogs everyday? Hmph. Well, I will try and keep up with your high standards. But before I post some pictures of our weekend festivities, I have a question.

Who does Real Simple magazine think it's marketing to these days?? It used to actually be useful in the shopping and fashion section but lately it's totally above my range of accessibility. Nearly every dress in the December issue is over $300. No joke, go check it out. All the shoes, accessories, casual and party tops are ridiculously expensive to where you and I are not going to see them in the magazine and go find them. Yes, we want them but the average RS reader is not going to be able to actually purchase them. What's the point of that? I understand it is Christmas time and people are making wish lists but you better believe I'm not sending on a desirable $455 dress to my parents. Of course there are inexpensive articles of clothing in the issue, but naturally, I don't even like them. Most of us could probably justify spending $130-ish on a nice Christmas dress that can double as a cocktail dress throughout the rest of the year. But really RS editors, lets keep the price tags on the lower side of things. I might as well be shopping in a Tiffany's catalog.

2 comments:

Bek said...

I've been noticing this, too, about RS. And am disappointed in them.

Miss you.

mallory said...

That is annoying!