Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Must have wine

Our good friend, Travis, owns The Spanish Wine Importers and brings back some of the most tasty, delicious and memorable wines ever to the US. His website is www.importingspain.com.

The wines are sold in many shops around DC, Charlottesville and Richmond. There are even quite a few restaurants with some of his wines on the menu such as The Liberty Tavern in Arlington, Maya and The Local in Charlottesville.

I've never met a Spanish wine that I didn't like. My all-time favorite is the tempranillo - you simply cannot go wrong with them. I know Travis brought some back especially for me. :) The Bobal pictured below is the perfect wine to bring over to someone's house for dinner! All the wines that the company imports are in reasonably priced and taste incredible. Seriously, go get some. My favorite part is that the shipments actually come in on ships, not planes, and his logo is an old Spanish Ship. I think it's clever.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Mmmm sounds delicious :). That'd be a good gift for mom for Christmas! I love the bottles too