Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cosmic Christmas

I read Max Lucado's "Cosmic Christmas" yesterday and loved it. You should pick it up if you haven't yet. Clearly fictional but at the same time, the spiritual speculation seems right on. Imagining the spiritual realm of the First Christmas makes the reason for celebrating Christmas so awesome. It gives more meaning to the same Christmas carols we sing every year. At our Christmas Eve service, there were some songs that I could barely choke out, "Glory to the Newborn King." I imagine the thousands of angels singing praises to God and I get chills. I can't wait until we get to be part of that!

Joy Williams released this awesome song a few years ago and every time I hear it, my heart melts. My friend posted this song as well, but just in case you missed it - Here With Us.



No comments: