Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wedding Memories

As part of our anniversary celebration, we re-watched the videos of our wedding day. It was so fun to be reminded of everything that went on that day. I was reminded of how incredible our wedding actually was. It was beautiful, formal, elegant, well-thought out, fast paced, and most of all a huge party where nearly everyone we loved was present. One of the caterer staff, who are big-time caterers in the DC area, even said to my father that this wedding was probably the best, most well done wedding he'd ever seen after six years of working in the industry! I liked that compliment. Everything was just lovely. There isn't much I would change if i were to do it over. I may be a little biased as to the best wedding ever, but after being in the wedding industry my thoughts are only confirmed.

But like most weddings, there were tiny glitches - in the ceremony. As we watched the video last night we saw again how funny they were. Watch this little clip and look for 1) Us having trouble lighting the unity candle, 2) The train of my dress catching a candelabra and almost tipping it and 3) My new husband in effort to help straighten out my dress simply "tosses" it on the stage.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! I remember laughing through my sentimental tears... what a great day!

:)

Sarah said...

I remember how hilarious that was... and poor Jenny got her dress stuck on the carpet when she tried to do the recessional!

The Vandevers said...

I love the way Michael moves your dress. That is hilarious!