Friday, June 26, 2009

The Pull-out Couch

Family vacations are awesome and we are blessed to be here in this awesome place. But Michael and I have been separated during the night. The boys have won the second bedroom and Megan and Heather get the pull-out couch in the living area. Not conducive to sleeping in.

This morning was my first taste of this type of sleeping arrangement since nearly 4 or 5 years ago. After tossing and turning getting used to the thin mattress, I begin to notice the sun is up. It's morning. My mom comes out and does her routine stuff then gets on the computer to start typing. Typing noise is so annoying when you're asleep. So I flip over bumping Heather in the butt and try to drift back into my dreams. I notice a third presence in the room. I look over my shoulder to see Brianna - wide eyed and smiling - standing right next to me and nearly shouting, "I wanted to play ghost to see if you guys were really asleep!" If you can't beat it, go along with it. I scooted over making room for her and motioned for her to climb in next to me. She did but not without talking, "I can't believe you didn't see the things I threw at you." She picked up some stuffed animals near my head. No, I hadn't seen them. I wrap my arms around her hoping the swaddling will quiet her. "Oh! I have some of the those!" She imitates the wrinkle rolls on my forehead. Thanks Brianna. "So do you know how to play Slam???" I stupidly shake my head no. She explains ALL the rules. "So, what do you want to do now?!" she chirps. I hate this situation. Alright morning wins, I'll get up. And here I begin my third full day at the beach.

Ah, family vacations.

No comments: