Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bling in the mouth

I lost a lot of hope listening in on a conversation today at school. It was a group of the special ed students, 4 boys and 1 girl, all different grades. The girl happens to have lots of silver caps on her teeth, pretty much all teeth but the two top and bottom front teeth are "silver." All but one of the other boys have many caps as well. The group was conversing about them and the loner child with clearly healthy teeth says, "I don't got none silver in my mouth!" The youngest boys turns around and scorns, "That cuz you ain't never been ta no dentist!" No, no my dear students. It is not the norm to have a dentist put silver caps all over our teeth although you may think otherwise. But it was not my place nor the proper time to interject enlightenment. So the poor loner child with perfect teeth was left hoping that he too might one day receive some mouth bling.

3 comments:

Bek said...

HAHAHA! That poor kid with perfect teeth!

Your posts make me laugh

Anonymous said...

don't you love charlottesville city schools?

mallory said...

hahaha!!! ohh le-a you should have set those children straight. Bling in "da mouf" is not something to be desired!

P.S. I love your ebonics