Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas Cuties

Since we had just arrived in Texas at the end of November, we stayed out west for Christmas. Luckily, most of my relatives live out here so we had a home away from home. My Aunt Cynthia and Uncle Herb live in Oklahoma City so the kids and I packed up the car and drove north for a week with family. Michael joined us for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but left first thing the following morning. Herb and Cynthia were so wonderful to us and made us feel like we belonged! 

I don't think I have a single picture of Michael and I during Christmas time. Carmen peed on my lap during the beautiful Christmas Eve service so I spent most of it chasing her up and down the hallway trying to dry off the huge pee spot on my leggings. So it's better we have no pictures. 

Carmen and Brooks were as cute as ever despite Carmen throwing her big matching hair bow on the ground whenever she could. I just love them. 




Michael got to Oklahoma around 11:00pm on Christmas Eve and set up 
Carmen's princess castle in true daddy fashion.

There are few things better in life then watching your sweet little one on Christmas morning.


Of course we missed our parents and siblings but it was still a wonderful, new and exciting Christmas celebration. And I still can't believe how big Texas and Oklahoma really are.

No comments: