Friday, January 10, 2014

Apartment in Corpus

I have really come to love the housing here in Corpus Christi. It's everything that excited me about living in a smaller home than our old townhome. I love being on only ONE floor! You can do so many small tasks without ever having to take an eye off your children. I can hear Carmen from every room in the house. I try and always keep an eye on her, but she's fast and moves like a ninja. I bet the folks downstairs wouldn't call her a ninja, maybe more like an elephant ballerina. 
I like being able to let Brooks try and nap in his own bed because I can always hear him and peak on him. No stairs to climb or carry things to and from! 

Downside is that we are on the second floor so there is one flight of stairs to conquer outside. I cannot figure out the best way to bring groceries or two sleeping babies in the house yet?! Someone is always left alone either in the car or in the apartment - only for a quick moment as I sprint back down the stairs, but it's still awful. How else can I do it? Also, there is one floor above us and when we moved in, the family had 9 children staying with them. No lie. It was the loudest thing we had ever heard. And they didn't walk, they only jumped and ran everywhere they went. Michael had to go up there one night at like 12:45am and just check it out. Carmen gets scared of their stampedes. 

So here's the view from the entry way:

This is the sunroom that serves as the play area and computer space:

Kitchen/Laundry Closet
(btw, laundry is SO easy and so wonderful being on the same level as everything.
 I may never want a multi-story home again!) 

Looking back at the entrance:


Kids' hallway

Carmen's bathroom

Third bedroom that would normally be Brooks'

Carmen's Room
 

Carmen's huge bed, she'll be spoiled by the end of this journey and never want any size smaller than a queen.

 Master Bath, there is a large walk-in closet in the back.
 This apartment is huge and has huge closets in every room.

 Master bedroom (with tiny boy on bed)





No comments: