Sunday, July 1, 2012

Windy night

So the moment I post pictures of the patio we get a nasty storm that pretty much completely rearranged the outdoors. The above picture is even after I took the furniture down from being piled on the AC unit. The winds swept all that furniture, picked up the wheelbarrow and threw that elsewhere and obviously blew away the grill cover. During the storm I had heard banging on our front door step and turns out the mat was blowing around because it left it upside down. I thought that was hilarious - only after the fact though. I was scared when the storm was passing through. Of course Michael was out of town (recall the little tornado last summer that Michael was not home for either) and I was alone with my tiny sleeping baby. Our location as an end unit town home and up on a hill is particularly windy under normal circumstances, so when the 80mph winds struck, the walls were literally shaking. I was shaking too and trying to pack a bag because our power was flickering. I wasn't sure how long we would have electricity so I wanted to pack a bag in case we needed to sleep elsewhere. BUT we are so fortunate and did not lose power and currently have a nice, cool, air-conditioned home. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: