Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

 Happy Birthday America!!


While Michael is at work today, Carmen and I are preparing for our 4th of July Celebrations. I hope she learns to love this holiday as much as I do. I've got big plans for the years to come!

Last night our little family drove to Waterford, VA for their big fireworks show. It stormed 30 minutes before the start time so we ended up parking our car in a lot and watching from the front seat. It was actually perfect because we had the comfort of our car and the noise was a little buffered making it much less alarming for Carmen. Carmen loved the fireworks - a girl after my own heart!

Today we are celebrating with our fabulous neighbors who we are loving more and more every time we get together with them. We just threw together a BYO block party real quick and we'll meet at the playground pavilion right next to our homes. Should be fun and simple! (The above picture is my controlled attempt at decorating. It was really hard not to go all out and throw together a themed party, but again, big plans for the future.)

Tomorrow we are participating in something totally random and pretty cool so I need to go prepare for that. I'll write more about it later on!

I love America. Best Country Ever. 

No comments: