Wednesday, February 22, 2012

At a loss for words

Sweet Carmen. I love you. I wish I had the ability to write a beautiful letter to you. But my words are not elegant or beautifully poetic enough to even come close to saying what's inside my heart. If I could express my thoughts and feelings adequately, tears would be flowing from everyone's eyes. The love I have for you, the joy I get from you, the bond we have is too deep and I am at a loss when I want to express it in writing. Other people can talk, speak, and compose much better than I can. It's not my strength. I hope that you won't ever feel unloved because I  fail to write to you well. I hope that my actions and life make up for it. I hope you know the depth of my love by the way I hold you, talk to you, play with you, feed you, cuddle you and teach you. I hope that the way I sing to you and laugh with you writes upon your heart more than a letter from me could. You may not have tangible memories of it, but I hope that there's an undeniable certainty of how much I love you and care for you.  You are my gift, my special girl!

2 comments:

Laura F. said...

She will know better how much you love her through your actions than through words. My mom is not good with words but I never had a doubt how much she loved me b/c her actions spoke much louder than her words. I actually can't help but be teary eyed b/c I have very fond childhood memories of the way she showed my brothers and I love.

You know from just becoming a mom that your daughter will not truly understand how deep your love is until she becomes a mom herself. It is not a love anyone can describe it can only be felt.

Megan said...

Laura thanks for the encouragement! Much appreciated!