Thursday, June 9, 2011

Preggo Thoughts

You know what's fun? The thought of having a mini-me. She could very well look a lot like Michael and not favor me as much but I feel like you can always see some of mom in little girls. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding this October and I am going to dress Carmen up to match the wedding colors. I just contacted someone yesterday to see if she could make the sparkly headband to go with her outfit. I think it's so fun to dress up little girls. I guess that's the side of me that never really grew out of playing house or barbies or paper dolls. The reality of getting to put cute clothes on this little one is slowly sinking in. Actually, given the fact that there are 88 days till my due date makes a lot of little realities sink in. Some are scary - like we don't have carseat - baby essential #1. I did finish reading Babywise yesterday, compliments of Marta, and loved it! Michael is now finishing it up and we plan on reviewing the basics together. Our personalities and goals seem to line up directly with what the authors write about baby routines. We shall see. I'll admit that I am probably more excited for baby showers than I was for bridal showers. My family friends are throwing us one June 18th and then my Jenny-Penny is throwing one on the 26th. I am so SO excited. And I keep going back to how thankful I am that she's actually here and not in heaven waiting anymore. That's what these showers mean to me. They are illustrating answered prayers and God's gracious blessings!

I'm transitioning into a more tired and hungry phase. Belly keeps growing it seems. Bending over to pick things up off the floor isn't comfortable any more. I'll be in the third trimester in a few days and doctor's appointments will pick up to every 2 weeks. It's almost the summer - and she's actually a summer baby - so we're entering into her season. I had another ultrasound last appointment and my doctor tried to get the 3D shot of her face but baby wiggled so much that it was blurry every time. I guess we'll just have to wait until birth to see your pretty face.

3 comments:

mallory said...

Yay you are nearing the end!! Carmen will be so sweet I cannot wait to see her. I'm so glad you liked Babywise, it's such a great foundation to build on.

Heather and Matt said...

Can I dress her when I see her too??? When I babysit her I will probably play dress up.. a few times :)I hope she has pudgy baby legs and big eyes! Man these thoughts make me want to leave work right now and go shopping!Osh Gosh, Carters, Baby Gap, Old Navy,Target... I wanna go!

Cathleen Jones said...

Love this and love you.

Hugs to you all (hopefully real-life hugs sometime soon).