Monday, March 1, 2010

We Are Moving!!!

That's right! Los Dos are turning a new page and leaving Charlottesville. After three years of debating whether or not to move, our time has come. Michael, my impressively talented husband, got a new job that will take us to Alexandria, Virginia. There have been many ups and downs leading to this move, but we know this is right where God wants us. Through doors opening and closing, we are moving into a rental townhome in Alexandria come early April. It is bittersweet for us to say goodbye to Charlottesville. We love all our friends and church family here so much. This is where Michael and I have grown together as a married couple and started our new life together. Here, we are known as "The Dauberts." We have set down roots, established routines, have bible studies and community groups and social networks, coach high school sports, have alumni status at the university, have favorite local restaurants, favorite coffee shops, and we know every possible driving route in town. We are young but influential members in our community and will surely miss the comfort of all these things. I know I will be getting really sentimental soon and start crying every time I realize I will be having a "last" of something here. For now, I am really excited to be moving to the DC area and am ready to begin a whole new chapter in la vida de Los Daubertos!

8 comments:

brett baker said...

I'll miss you, Midge. =(

ps. the password verification for posting this comment is "nookie dis"...............

The Hansens said...

No way!! Where is he teaching?? I teach at tc williams - minnie howard, the 9th grade campus. You guys are going to be so close!

christa said...

You will definitely be missed here! I am hopeful the wedding business will bring you back often (and friends and Portico Cville, of course!) :-)

Jen Stokes said...

Congratulations. *sigh* Come see us!

Michelle said...

I loved your comment about the pasta. We need to have a pasta night before you guys go! We're so happy for you and Michael that you're able to move because we know how much you've been praying for an opportunity for a new job for Michael and the chance to move to Northern VA, but we are also very sad :( We will really miss you!!!

The Vandevers said...

We will miss you! I may have been forwarded Michael's goodbye letter to the CHS staff yesterday, so I knew. You are some quality people and we are sad to see you leave, but happy about what lies ahead for you. :)

mallory said...

I understand the mixed emotions!! So sad to leave, but excited for the road ahead. God will see you through it! And hey, at least you guys will have Portico Arlington so you won't be without good teaching and worship :) Love you guys!

Lisa said...

I'm the only one who's leaving an excited comment but I'm so glad you're coming back to us!!!! :)