Friday, March 19, 2010

Lavender and Sweet Cream

Here it is folks, the beauty and perfection that is lavender cake with sweet cream icing. Happy Birthday to me. I tasted this cake at a wedding I was working back in January and then hired the baker to make it for me this week. Rachel De Jong is the talented mastermind behind this tasty creation. Her website isn't up yet, but I will post it as soon as it is.


Brianna shares her birthday with St. Patrick's Day and it is always so fun. (Won't she have the best 21st birthday ever?!) I drove home to, well, get my hair done, but most importantly celebrate with my 8 year old sister! We gave her our presents, sang to her, blew out the candles, then headed to her choice dinner, Olive Garden. Our waiter was a sweet little Indian man, Raz...the picture below just might be my favorite ever:


Brianna was a doll and it has turned out to be so much fun practically sharing birthdays. Saturday we drive home again to go to the birthday party hosted by Michael's craft store. Fun times indeed.



1 comment:

brett baker said...

what a cake! any leftovers?