Thursday, March 4, 2010

I won't do this often, I promise

I'm singing during the ceremony of my friend's wedding in April. She gave me a cd of the songs so I've been listening to them while I drive in order to learn my song. This is not the one, but I have come to love these lyrics. I've heard it before but have always ignored it on the Christian radio station because it is SO bad. But this one is good:
Love is not a place to come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
Then commit to never leave
So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is a peace in the middle of a war
And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
Love's not a fight but it's something worth fighting for
- Warren Barfield

No comments: