Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Claustrophobia

We've been a little busy this past month. I haven't had much time for blogging and internet use. So I apologize for the "boring" site. I hope that you have not been classically conditioned to not check Los Dos Daubertos blog. 

Many things have gone to the wayside....I hate to admit it. House work is one of the hardest things for me to keep up. I'm pretty much gone from 8am till 5:45pm each day which doesn't leave much energy to prep food, cook, wash dishes, throw in a few loads of laundry, vacuum the floors, clean the baths, change the sheets, and on and on and on. 

Changing my sheets can be difficult to do. We have a duvet cover on our bed, which means we also have the down comforter insert. I like to wash the duvet every so often (A fabulous wedding gift from the bedding line of Tommy Bahama) to keep it looking great. However, can anyone offer a better way to stuff a king size down comforter back into a king size duvet??? If you've ever done it, you can imagine the drama that it entails.  I spread the duvet out as good as I can on top of our bed, crawl under the opening at the foot of the bed and drag the huge insert in  behind me.  I struggle inside the duvet cover fighting against static electricity, an uncooperative down comforter, and unmarked trails of where the corner of the duvet actually is located from the inside out. Even if I manage to get the whole down insert in the duvet, I now have a mangled duvet cover to spread out.  

This time I am completely inside the duvet cover in the midst of a struggle to pull the down insert up while I hop in the air on all fours. I hear Michael walk in the room talking to himself then realize, no, he's video taping me. I must look ridiculous when I do this, like a child playing inside her sleeping bag. As far as I know, though, it's the only way to put our comforter together. Maybe next time, I will opt for a normal, non-duvet comforter.

I would put the video clip on here if I knew how, just to show you how frustrating it is. So it's house work like this that keeps me away from the blogosphere. But at least we have a clean bed.

3 comments:

sean said...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2026030_put-duvet-cover-easily.html

Bek said...

Oh the joy of knowing precisely what your face must have looked like. :)

And I agree. I always put off the duvet cover washing because of the hassle. To complicate things, we have TWO covers on our duvet, since the duvet leaks feathers through the first cover. I tried to make the bed yesterday and realized that the first cover was lined up with the second cover, but the duvet was bunched up at the top.
I ignored it and made the bed anyway.

Come live with us I miss you.

Jaime said...

loved this. I have soo been there. I grab a corner of the duvet and a corner of insert, then grab the other top corner and pair. Then, I shake the whole thing up and down and it forces the insert into the duvet.

It's worth it, siesta. Don't surrender to poly-fill comforter land!