Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Note to all Wives

In the spirit of helping a sister out (or should I say "brother"), I urge you to groom your man's eyebrows. Teach him while he is young. Convince him that facial landscaping is not just for women.

Have you ever run into that older man/acquaintance with stray eyebrows that protrude nearly two inches off of his forehead and point in all different directions and he tries to have a conversation with you about your family but you really can't even listen to the words coming out of his mouth because all you are thinking is "get those nasty eyebrows away from me!"?

Or gone to see your grandparents but quickly realize your grandfather seems to have left is nose/ear/eyebrow clippers back in the 70's?

Or worse, see a handsome young man who has it all together but then suddenly he shifts his head and you see eyebrows pointing away from the natural hairline and threatening to fall off into your coffee cup?

Yuck. I can barely think about it.

Help them ladies! There is nothing wrong with brushing the eyebrows every now and then. Kindly take your tweezers and pluck those crooked suckers right outta that head. Make him aware that it is not about him and whether or not he is being vain....it's about everyone else who has to look at him!!! Renegade eyebrow hairs are a distraction to the human race and should be forbidden. Most of us women love a good hair to tweeze - it's fun to clean 'em up! Is this just me? Am I crazy? If so, still, please do it just for me.

5 comments:

Gillian said...

Is it weird that one of my favorite things about Mike's appearance is his eyebrows? They are just so nice and trim. No unibrow there. Maybe weirder is the fact that my little brother made my Dad tweeze his eyebrows before Rory would introduce him to his first girlfriend. My little brother's eyebrow maintenance would make you proud.

Bek said...

Hahaha.... I want Michael's response post to this :)

Megan said...

Michael is a really great sport! He is awesome and let's me take care of that stray one whenever it pops up. Just prepping for the future...

Sarah said...

Go, Megan! I remember looking at Grandad's eyebrows before he died and thinking "my Dad's eyebrows are going to look like that someday, and so are Michael's." They were bad, really bad. Way to break the pattern. : )

Michelle said...

Hahaha I love the picture you posted. It really addresses a lot of the issues that can come with overgrown eyebrows.