Friday, January 21, 2011

Crafty updates

I'm so proud of us for making our own wall art. We can't sew in this house but we can staple! I am slowly but surely adding more colors to our bedroom to brighten things up. The Crate and Barrel outlet in Old Town offers tons of fabrics at discounted prices so I grabbed a few yards of this blue one, bought some wood frames from Michaels, and stapled the fabric onto the frames. There is a good deal of left over fabric that I just might kindly beg my BFF to make into small pillows for me. (If I don't wear her out before that - see post below.) I bought this peacock blue throw from CB with some Christmas money and things are already looking more tropical.

(I know these are crooked, I fixed them after I took the pic.)

What do you think Amanda?

4 comments:

Abby said...

Very Nice! Love the colors :)

Boni said...

I love the color! Glad you are finding a way around the fact that you cannot sew. Sorry that I could never teach you!

Heather and Matt said...

Very cute! Look at you becoming all crafty and resourceful ;).The color is great. Bath&Body Works has soon really fun, tropical candles right now that would be great on your night stand! Ps, dont forget to bring wii MJ!

amanda june said...

i am slow to respond but i think AWESOME! so very crafty, who needs to sew?