Monday, June 14, 2010

My Little Pony

It's hard to believe our time together has come to an end. I'm crying right now. Tears of good memories and love.

From the day I found out you were mine on my Sweet 16th (in the hospital room at sissy Brianna's birth)
to my first joy ride around Osbourn High School
to the first set of wheels that Ashleigh and I got to drive around in together
to my one and only speeding ticket
to my first car accident when that mean old lady hit you from behind
to the countless drives to the beach
to our first year at college together
to all the men who whistled and honked at us
to the time a teradactyl pooped on you and wouldn't come off so it ruined your paint
to my marriage to Michael and the transfer of the title to my name
to the many years spent parking on mountains in Cville (I'm sorry brakes!)
and finally from the move to Alexandria, You have been the best car I have ever had. I feel like I'm letting go of part of my identity. But indeed I am not because my identity is not, in fact, placed in the car I've been driving. It's in Christ. Just to put that out there. Now back to your remembrance...

You've kept me safe for years. You've gotten me across the country and to everything I've ever need to get to. You are a dream come true. Someone else will love you and cherish you now, but not as much as me, so if you need to come running back to me, please do, but not in the form of a return and wanting the money back. I'm sure you'll find lost strands of my long hair deep in the crevasses of your seats and glitter from my sparkly dresses stuck to the carpet . Remember me when you find them.


Fergie said it best, I will be living my glamorous life sipping and reminiscing about the days when I had a Mustang.
I will always love you and have a very special place in my heart for Mustangs. Especially you.

My Little Pony April 2001 - June 2011

3 comments:

Bek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bek said...

Dear Mustang,

I will also miss you. I have spent many hours under the roar of your blessed air conditioning laughing, singing, driving to visit UVA when Megan and I were but young "zero years", driving to Teeter when we were first, second and third years, driving to church, 316 and Starbucks. I will also miss being honked at (no one honks at old civics and nowadays no one honks at fat preggers... I'll REALLY miss those times...). I'll always remember the time Megan got shot the bird for locking your doors when a dude was crossing the street and took it a little too personally. Even thought I wasn't there. I could totally see you laughing with Megan. Dearest Mustang, you will always be in our hearts and fondest memories.

Love, Bek.

Jen Stokes said...

Are you selling it? WHY?!?!!?

Little known fact - my first car, too, was a mustang. An '87 white mustang GT with red interior and t-tops. I loved riding around in that thing. I loved taking the t-tops after school and driving out of the high school parking lot, feeling like a rockstar. It got passed down to David, who then considered selling it, until I raised enough of a fuss and my parents agreed to buy it back and keep it for now. I love that car.